Your body is your lifelong friend; you do absolutely everything together every second of every day.
Studies have shown that giving love, attention and compassion benefit both the receiver AND the giver. Imagine the double impact you can have by offering your body daily doses of love, attention, compassion, interaction and bonding.
Take a few seconds every day to build an attentive, compassionate relationship with your body.
The following are even more impactful when you Open Your Heart first.
- Silently tell your body that you love it. Tell your entire body that you love it. Tell every part of your body that you love it.
- Silently thank your body for everything it does for you. It is the most complex organism on the planet and it works hard every second of every day for you.
- Acknowledge any pain or discomfort your body has and apologize for anything you might have done to cause it (even if you don't know what that may be).
- When you exhale, send your breath into your body. If you have pain or discomfort, send the breath to that part of your body. Repeat many times as you silently tell your body you love it, no matter what.
- Tell your body to let you know if you can do anything to help it. Guidance, an image, a memory or words might appear in your mind now or later. You have greatly helped your body just by acknowledging its pain and by listening.